Summer's hot days mean that it's bikini madness around here, and the big screen has provided tonnes of opportunities for actresses to strap on sexy two-pieces. We've got all the most memorable bikini moments caught on film here, including hot shots of Angelina Jolie, Cameron Diaz, Kristen Bell, and Eva Mendes. Click through to check them out!
Gwyneth Paltrow brightened up New Year's Day with a red coat and white sunglasses in NYC. She and Moses headed out of their building and into a waiting car after a big New Year's Eve celebration. They rang in 2013 at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, where Jay-Z and Coldplay performed a special concert. Gwyneth, Moses, and Apple joined in on the fun dancing on stage, though the trio headed home after the clock struck midnight, while Jay-Z and Chris continued the party at Jay-Z's 40/40 Club. Beyoncé wasn't on hand for the festivities since she took the stage at her own show in Las Vegas. Gwyneth's 2013 is already off to an exciting start with the release of her second cookbook, It's All Good: Delicious, Easy Recipes That Will Make You Look Good and Feel Great, coming in April.
The main events of the Aussie party season may be over, but we're keeping the spirit alive by taking a look at celebrities who like being the life of the party by providing the night’s tunes. Alexa Chung loves to hit the decks at events (even though she’s claimed to be a ‘fake DJ’) and Elijah Wood has entertained at the after parties for some of his film premieres. Ruby Rose is transitioning her DJ career into that of a full-fledged musician, and Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman’s son Connor is juggling disc jockeying and acting. Click through to see which other celebs have taken a turn on the decks, as well as some of our favourite famous DJs.
Kate Bosworth turned the big 3-0 yesterday! After interviewing her back in October, it became apparent why she's so popular in Hollywood circles — she's just so lovely and down to earth. And let's not forget she's got some serious acting chops and is as stylish as they come. To celebrate this milestone birthday of Kate's, we're looking back at fun photos of her sharing a laugh or sweet moment with some of her many celebrity pals. From designers and style setters to actors and actresses, it's obvious that she's one popular lady! Click through to check all the pictures out — and the happiest of birthdays to you, Kate!
Kim Kardashian talked to Entertainment Tonight on New Year's Eve, shortly after she and Kanye West revealed the news that they are expecting a baby. Kim and Kanye attended a party at 1 Oak nightclub, where they shared a kiss at midnight. See what Kim had to say about the challenges of pregnancy and her expectations about motherhood in this clip.
Tom Cruise is back in action breaking ribs and twisting arms, this time as the title character in Jack Reacher (out today), based on Lee Child's popular series. After years serving at various ranks in the military police, Jack comes out of retirement to help solve a heinous mass murder. When the suspect turns out to be one of Jack's former troopers with a violent past, he agrees to get to the bottom of the case and put the guy behind bars for good. It doesn't hurt that the DA's beautiful daughter (Rosamund Pike) is the attorney asking for his help. Jack Reacher may sound like a cut-and-dry popcorn flick, but there's a lot more to the film that I didn't expect. However, there are also a few things to consider before buying a ticket.
- The opening scene is very disturbing. The movie opens with the crime; the shooter is making bullets in his apartment, and then we see him set up in a parking garage across from a busy walkway, where he proceeds to methodically pick off victims. It's not a traditional action sequence; it's slow and focused and there's no music, just the sounds of the shooter breathing. It's a really intense scene, and it may be difficult to watch, especially given current events.
- It's a mystery movie. I expected Jack Reacher to be straight-up action, but it's much more of a murder mystery. We know who the shooter is from the beginning, but Jack (and the audience) has to put together the motive and who is really pulling the strings. There are are some gun fights and some knife fights, but the movie's strength lies in its challenging narrative puzzle.
To find out what else you should know about Jack Reacher, just read more.
Jennifer Lawrence has posed for photographer Ellen von Unwerth for the cover of Vanity Fair's February issue. Inside the pages, she showed skin in a crop top and talked about her acting career. Jennifer's been working on Catching Fire in Hawaii recently while her current film, Silver Linings Playbook, continues to get rave reviews and award season buzz. She'll switch gears to the small screen later this month, though, when she hosts Saturday Night Live. Here's more from Jennifer Lawrence in Vanity Fair:
- On having a bow and arrow at home: "One time I actually used it for defense. I pulled into my garage and I heard men in my house. And I was like, 'I'm not letting them take my stuff.' I had just gotten back from training, so I had the bow and arrows in the back of my car. I went to my car and I put this quiver on me and I had my bow and I loaded it and I'm walking up the stairs. And I look, and my patio doors were open, and there were guys working right there, and I was like, 'Heyyy, how you doin'?'"
- On acting: "Not to sound rude, but [acting] is stupid. Everybody's like, 'How can you remain with a level head?' And I'm like, 'Why would I ever get cocky? I'm not saving anybody's life. There are doctors who save lives and firemen who run into burning buildings. I'm making movies. It's stupid.'"
- On meeting her idols: "Once I'm obsessed with somebody, I'm terrified of them instantly. I'm not scared of them — I'm scared of me and how I will react. Like, for instance, one time someone was introducing me to Bill Maher, and I saw Meryl Streep walk into the room, and I just stared at Meryl Streep. I just creepily stared at her."
Tom Brady, Benjamin Brady, and John Moynahan had a boys-only snow day in Boston on New Year's Eve. Tom bundled up his two sons into a double stroller for a trip to a local park with his dog, Lua. Once the family arrived at a playground, Tom tossed snowballs around with his little guys and pushed them on a swing. Tom and Gisele Bündchen are heading into the New Year after enjoying a busy 2012, with the couple welcoming baby Vivian Lake Brady in early December.
Jay-Z and Coldplay rang in 2013 together with a joint New Year's Eve concert at Brooklyn's Barclays Center on Monday night. Coldplay played the first set while Jay-Z took the stage shortly before midnight. Jay-Z and Chris Martin joined up for the countdown and to sing "Auld Lang Syne." Once Chris was finished belting out the New Year's staple, he flowed into Jay-Z's "Run This Town," filling in for Rihanna's chorus. While Jay-Z and Chris were rocking, Chris's wife, Gwyneth Paltrow, and their children, Apple and Moses, danced on stage. They weren't the only celebrities in the audience since Jake Gyllenhaal was spotted chatting with Jay-Z backstage and Christina Aguilera and her boyfriend, Matt Rutler, were also on hand. Once the concert was over, Chris and Jay-Z headed to the 40/40 Club for an afterparty without Gwyneth, who headed home with Apple and Moses.
Hugh Hefner and girlfriend Crystal Harris celebrated the new year by getting married. The pair wed on New Year's Eve at home at the Playboy mansion with Hef's long-time friend Keith serving as best man. The couple's cute puppy Charlie was also part of the bridal party, wearing a tuxedo for the occasion. Crystal, 26, wore a pale pink, strapless mermaid-style gown with a textured skirt and carried a mixed bouquet of pink, purple and white blooms to wed her 86 year old beau. The pair were all set to wed back in June in 2011 but Crystal called off the wedding only days prior. Obviously the two have since worked things out, with the happy couple both tweeting pictures of their big day. Take a look!