We love seeing our home-grown beauties enjoying international modelling success. One such rising star joyfully popped up on our radar today. Victoria Lee, who is locally represented by Priscillas, scored herself a spread in the May issue of Elle France. She of the killer mane and never ending legs heralds from a small town in rural New South Wales called Narrandera, yet looks perfectly at home smizing up a storm for snapper Hilary Walsh. Wardrobe-wise it's all gingham bikinis and chambray shirts worn open over, well, not much actually, for this picturesque outdoors/indoors beauty spread — proving you can take the girl out of the country but not the country (styling) out of the girl. Watch this space, we're predicting big things for Miss Lee. Images courtesy of Hilary Walsh and Fashion Gone Rogue.
Miley Cyrus dominates the cover of Elle UK's June issue. In the 10-page spread, the singer dons several edgy pieces from Saint Laurent, Fendi, Emilio Pucci and Simone Rocha, all of which suit her blonde Mohawk and displayed tattoos. Miley has been hitting the studio hard amid rumours of relationship issues with fiancé Liam Hemsworth, despite flaunting her ring last week. Inside the issue, Miley opens up about the natural progression of her engagement, the decline of her social media presence, and her transition from childhood stardom. Here's more from Miley in Elle UK:
- On her time as a child star: "I was just a baby! I had no teeth, no boobs. I was a little girl. It’s crazy that a decision you make when you’re a kid can affect your whole life — that someone would trust a child with her own future. It was just lucky that I was able to love it and turn it around."
- On her engagement to Liam: "We have a house together and dogs. It just seems right to be wearing this ring and to be committed. But we keep our relationship low-key and don’t talk about it anymore."
- On why she stopped oversharing on social media: "We were too nice to the world and gave them too much insight — into my life and my puppies and my house — and I just don’t feel they get that privilege anymore. Like on my Twitter, I’m much more . . . not conservative, but you don’t see a picture of my dogs. You don’t get that personal stuff anymore."
Taylor Swift posed in a printed Louis Vuitton dress to cover the upcoming issue of US Elle magazine. She's been busy prepping for her upcoming tour and most recently made headlines for slamming ex Harry Styles during her Grammy performance last night. Inside the issue, Taylor addressed her insecurities, ex-boyfriends, and the speculation surrounding her songwriting. She also got candid about how she handles being the center of a constant swirl of rumours. Here are highlights from Taylor Swift in Elle:
- On her insecurity: "Middle school was what programmed me to be semi-insecure, like, all of the time. I didn't fit in . . . I'd stand on the outside of the circle but I was never really in. That's when I started to realise there's this thing called rejection."
- On ex-boyfriends: "I don't think I've ever yelled at an ex-boyfriend. Ever. I'm not a yeller. I'm not a fit thrower. If something is done, it's done."
- On speculation surrounding her songs and famous exes: "To me it's just writing songs the way I always have. It's me sitting on my bed feeling pain I didn't understand, writing a song, and understanding it better. If people want to dissect the lyrics, that's their right, but it's all coming from the exact same place as where I started. It's just something I do to feel better."
We spied a few new beauty looks at the Elle UK Style Awards today, an event hosted by the magazine following the BAFTAs. Elizabeth Olsen's hair was looking particularly long and glossy, while cutie Chloë Moretz went for a '60s up 'do and cool multicoloured pastel nails. Click through to see the ladies we loved the most.
- Kimmy K has some new holiday hair, but is it real?
- Kimmy K has some new holiday hair, but is it real? — Twitter user Kim Kardashian
- Harry Styles took new girl Taylor with him to get more ink — PopSugar Australia
- Meet new model Cora Keegan, she reveals her skin secrets — T Magazine
- We're in love with Essie's Christmas nail wraps, yes! — Teen Vogue
- The founder Style Me Pretty Weddings talks cakes and cocktails — US ELLE
- Miranda Kerr loves to get low and dance, and also do the plank — Modelinia
- More secrets to perfectly curled lashes — The Beauty Department
- Everything you need to know about tonight's Miss Universe pageant — International Business Times
Jennifer Lawrence makes a sexy statement in a white Balenciaga dress on the cover of Elle US' December issue. She's currently filming the second instalment in the Hunger Games franchise, Catching Fire, and talked about how she prepares for the role of Katniss in the publication. First, though, Jennifer has Silver Linings Playbook coming out in Australia on Jan. 31. She has multiple other films in the works and shared that despite her success, she still stays grounded. Here's more from Jennifer Lawrence in Elle:
- On dieting: "I'm never going to starve myself for a part . . . I don't want little girls to be like, 'Oh, I want to look like Katniss, so I'm going to skip dinner.' That's something I was really conscious of during training, when you're trying to get your body to look exactly right. I was trying to get my body to look fit and strong, not thin and underfed."
- On not living large: "Ten million dollars and I'm still living in my parents' condo . . . I've always lived in a tiny rat-infested apartment in New York, or a little condo in LA, or a normal house in Kentucky. I think it would be very bizarre to live in a big mansion by myself."
- On her boyfriend, Nicholas Hoult: "[My boyfriend] is honestly my best friend, and hopefully I'm his best friend too. He's my favourite person to be around and makes me laugh harder than anybody. . . . We can eat Cheetos and watch beach volleyball and we turn into two perverted Homer Simpsons, like, 'Oh, she's got a nice ass.' I never thought we'd have such different opinions on asses."
Photos courtesy Carter Smith for Elle, styling by Joe Zee
Cameron Diaz slipped into a little white Chanel dress for the December cover of Elle UK. The magazine caught up with Cameron at Guy Ritchie's London tavern, The Punch Bowl, to chat about her acting career and her forthcoming film Gambit, in which she stars with Colin Firth. Like her best friend Gwyneth Paltrow, Cameron's also trying her hand at publishing. She talked with the magazine about why she decided to share her personal health, fitness and lifestyle tips in a book. Here's more from Cameron's interview:
- When asked what burns more calories — 30 minutes of dancing or 30 minutes of sex: "Depends on what kind of sex you're having. Try 'em both! Do them both on the same day, that's what I say!"
- On what she would do if she wasn't acting: "I have no idea. That's why I'm so grateful for it [acting success]. It's the only thing that I know how to do. I do think about it all the time — what would have happened had I not just found my way out from that? But I think you always find your way out."
- On her forthcoming food and fitness book: "It's not about what I eat or do what I do. It's really about the information, so that young girls and women can look at it and make their own choices. I'd hate to give them guidelines of what I do. My hope is that I give them all the information so that it doesn't matter what I or other people do . . . I'm excited about my discipline [which revolves around] a protein, a grain and a green . . . I want to be disciplined. It's not a limitation to me; it opens up my life to so many opportunities."
Photos courtesy David Slijper for Elle UK
Tinsle Town's most successful (and best-dressed) women frocked up for US Elle magazine's annual Women in Hollwood soirée today, with fashion heavy hitters Sarah Jessica Parker, Elle Fanning, Julianne Hough and Kristen Wiig all opting for Calvin Klein's S/S '13 collection for their collective stroll down the red rug. Emma Stone looked as cute as a button in Valentino Resort '13, Lea Michele played with peek-a-boo black Zimmermann number, Octavia Spencer was regal in Tadashi Shoji and Nina Dobrev who worked the coloured lace trend in Vera Wang. Australian style was proudly represented too, thanks to Cate Blanchett in a fab Proenza Schouler print, Theresa Palmer who was pretty in pink and Bella Heathcote who opted for a trés elegant LBD. Want more? There's stack more celeb style to snoop inside . . .
- Why does Carine Roitfeld gets inner mouth massages?
- Why does Carine Roitfeld gets inner mouth massages? — Fashionista
- Nail polish that changes colour in the sun? It's true — InStyle
- Dare to be different! Six ways to blowdry your hair — Hair Romance
- Behind the scenes of Catherine McNeil's Vogue shoot — Vogue
- Chanel collaborating with Brad Pitt can only mean good thngs — WWD
- Alexander McQueen's runway show featured women without faces — ELLE
- You can do your full makeup in five minutes. Here's proof — Refinery 29
- Supermodel Daria Werbowy opens up about looking sexy — Marie Claire
The '90s was a decade devoted to supermodels, and few were as recognizable as the blonde stunner known as Claudia Schiffer. From being discovered in a German nightclub (at only 17 years old) to practically going straight onto the covers of US Elle, Vogue, Cosmopolitan, and Harper's Bazaar, just to name a few, Claudia set the standard for the sexy supermodel — and to this very day, she still continues to wow us with her classic, ageless beauty. In honour of her 42nd birthday today, here are our favorite Claudia cover girl moments from the '90s.