In terms of celebrity events and Aussie-centric news, it's been a pretty massive week to keep up with! First came the sad news that Miranda Kerr and Orlando Bloom have parted ways after six years together — but what got people talking the most was that the pair were spotted hanging out together the next day. Kim Kardashian celebrated her 33rd birthday in style, Katy Perry hit Sydney (and the shops!) and Princess Mary and Prince Frderik wrapped up their whirldwind trip Down Under during the week. And let's not forget the celebrity pregnancy announcement, a new couple making their first appearance together, and Angelina Jolie hanging out on the Gold Coast! There's plenty more to see, click through to catch up.
It's Halloween, and you know what that means: Miley Cyrus costumes galore. While there are plenty of different Miley Cyrus costume ideas, there really only seems to be one version in particular that celebrities have been emulating: the singer's VMA performance with Robin Thicke. From the teddy-bear bodysuit to the infamous foam finger, check out all the celebrities who are having a Miley Cyrus Halloween!
Jenny McCarthyJenny McCarthy dressed up for The View, and she literally went as Miley's tongue. She even tweeted, "I craved sledgehammers all day."
Kelly RipaKelly Ripa and Michael Strahan dressed up as the infamous duo for the LIVE With Kelly and Michael's Best Halloween Show Ever.
Lara SpencerOn Good Morning America, anchor Lara Spencer literally came in like a wrecking ball. You can't really top that.
Paris HiltonParis Hilton dressed up as VMAs Miley (before the latex bikini reveal) for the Halloween party at the Playboy Mansion. See more of the celebrity costumes when you keep reading.
- The X Factor's Dami Im on nerves and being mates with Dannii Minogue
- Heidi Klum's Halloween outfit is maybe the best we've seen yet
- 10 cute cat-ear headpieces to wear this weekend
- Why your detox won't work
- All the pictures from Princess Mary's trip to Australia
- Peek inside the best celebrity wardrobes
- Why you don't have the skin you want — and how to finally get it
- Foods that ease PMS (would we lie to you?)
Heidi Klum's Halloween costumes and parties are the stuff of fashion legend, and this year's look was no different. Dressing up as an elderly woman, the supermodel was completely unrecognizable in the costume.
In 2012, Klum worked with Martin Izquierdo (the man behind some of the wings for the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show) to design the bold gold dress, cape, and headpiece she was going to wear to her 13th annual Halloween party — which was cancelled because of Hurricane Sandy. Before that, Klum cooked up costumes ranging from a purple-and-red robot to the forbidden fruit from the Garden of Eden. A look at some of Klum's best costumes here in the gallery.
- Cotton balls: These are great for removing all types of makeup all over the face, including eyes and lips.
- Cold cream: Use this to remove cream-based makeup, like blushes or paints, or waterproof products.
- Foaming cleanser: Stick to your regular foaming cleanser to remove normal base makeup, like foundations and concealers.
- Adhesive remover: Pick this up to clear out your stick-on prosthetics, like fake noses.
- Baby oil: Only use this to remove oil-based makeups or to remove glue from your eyelashes.
- Q-tips: Use these for those hard-to-reach places, like along the base of those false lashes.
- Facial wipes: Wipe up any residue left behind from your first removers.
- Moisturiser: End the entire removal process with a slick of moisturiser to keep everything smooth.
Tips and tricks
- Make sure to take note as to what your makeup is based in (oil, water, etc.). This will make the removal process easier.
- Never start with baby oil — it will only smear water-based makeups, making them difficult to remove. Try soap and water first, and then go back for the oil-based products.
- Instead of pulling off your lashes, which can be painful and damaging to your skin, dip a Q-tip in oil and run it along the base of the eyelashes to loosen the glue.
- The easiest way to remove glitter is with tape. Use the sticky side to (gently!) remove the glitter from those hard-to-reach places.
- The most important thing: do not scrub! Gentle may take longer, but it is worth it for your skin.
If fear of the zombie apocalypse keeps you up at night, then it's time to train — hard. We created a workout that will teach you the skills you need to outrun, evade, and, if necessary, battle the walking dead. Press play, and get ready to work on your speed, agility, and strength. Train as if your life depends upon it — now go!
Nobody does Halloween like these four stars! In celebration of the costume-filled event, we're paying homage to the celebrities who take the holiday to another level year after year. Watch now to find out who made the list!
While some fans were hoping that Miley Cyrus's long-hair tease earlier this week meant that she may have been dressing up as Hannah Montana for Halloween, it turns out the pop star decided to go for a different (and, naturally, skin-baring) costume.
Miley Cyrus debuted her Lil' Kim costume on Twitter last night while celebrating the holiday early with a group of friends. She went for Lil' Kim's infamous 1999 MTV VMAs outfit, which featured a purple wig and an exposed breast that was covered up by a sparkly pasty. It's fitting that Miley would choose to dress up as a star who made headlines with her VMA ensemble as the former Disney star has inspired thousands of Halloween costumes of her own for her VMA performance earlier this year.
Interestingly enough, Miley's friend Cheyne Thomas briefly dressed up as VMA Miley for Halloween, although he later changed into a Frankenstein costume to twerk with his pal at their party.
Lil' Kim tweeted her approval of Miley's costume today, writing, "Yasssssss my baby." Miley and Kim have interacted before as the young singer was on hand to film a music video with Kim and rapper Tiffany Foxx for Tiffany's song, "Twisted," earlier this year. While Miley's Lil' Kim costume may be tame compared to some of her own onstage outfits, she has been having some cheeky NSFW fun this Halloween season.
On Tuesday, she tweeted a photo of her raunchy jack-o'-lanterns, which included pictures of different sex acts and a marijuana leaf. Miley aptly named the pumpkins "pornkins."
It's Halloween! We've be giving you plenty of costume suggestions inspired by movie characters recently, but we also want to look back at movie characters who have celebrated the spooky holiday on screen. Plenty of TV characters have donned Halloween costumes, but here are a few of our favorite costume moments from the movies, including appearances from stars like Jake Gyllenhaal, Jessica Alba, Lindsay Lohan and more!
Source: Paramount Pictures, Miramax Films, and Warner Bros.