Jessica Simpson is front and centre on a special insert of WWD focused on her power in the fashion industry with her Jessica Simpson Collection, which is poised to make a billion dollars in revenue. She spoke about the hard work she and her mum, Tina, do for the line, with Jess getting final approval on every item they produce. Jessica spoke about her long hours to the publication, touching on rumours she's joining The X Factor (US version) and sharing more about meeting her fiancé, Eric Johnson, as well as their wedding plans. She said:
- On rumours about The X Factor: "They have definitely talked to me about X Factor. I think it would be a lot of fun. It's definitely my life. To be a mentor for up-and-coming artists is right up my alley. I would have loved to have a mentor. I love watching people's dreams come true."
- On her wedding date: "No date has been set yet. We've both been married before. We're enjoying our commitment to each other. We want to take our time . . . I will be part of designing my own wedding gown. We might elope if it gets to that point."
- On what she likes to do best: "In my downtime, I'm wearing sweats and on my couch catching up on TV shows. My fiancé is really into art, and I am, as well. We've been watching a lot of fun documentaries and going to art galleries and hanging out with some cool painters. My house is my little château. I like to stay home with my friends and cook, or we all order in. My house is a revolving door. I always have at least five people over all the time."
Keep reading for more on what Jess has to say about meeting Eric!
- On how she and Eric met: "He was out with some of my friends, and I was at home. One of my friends said, 'You should come back to Jessica's house.' He came to the door and said, 'This is Eric Johnson,' and I said, 'Who?' And he said he was coming to hang out. And I haven't let him leave the house. We got engaged at the house. It's one of those rare stories."
- On Eric joining the family business: "No. Eric's a great guy. He's taking art classes at UCLA. He's very artistic. It's nice to have an artistic athlete. You don't find that too much . . . We're very relaxed. It takes a lot to get us stressed out. We talk through everything. You'll see him off in the corner, and what's Eric doing? He's just meditating."