As the 66th Annual Cannes Film Festival comes to a close, we've been once again intrigued by all things French. French women are renowned for their beauty, whether it be an insouciant flip of the hair, the evening glamour of a deep red lip, the embrace of "flaws" like gap teeth: all so, French. But what else makes these women uniquely chic? To find out, we asked a few in-the-know people to explain the je ne sais quoi of French beauty. Keep reading.
H&M has chosen Vanessa Paradis to channel a little bit of that je ne sais quoi for its eco-friendly Spring '13 Conscious collection campaign. “I try my best to shop consciously, and vintage is very much part of my wardrobe," said Paradis. "I love the style, and it works in an eco-friendly way because I like to use and re-use old clothes.” The ad campaign features Paradis wearing an array of the Swedish retailer's eco-friendly wares, tropical-floral-print trousers, pretty sundresses, and utilitarian-inspired tops made out of materials such as organic cotton, recycled polyester, and Tencel. H&M wasn't joking when it said it was going to focus on sustainability in 2013. The Conscious collection will be available in late March, just around the same time its recently announced global recycling program is set to launch in stores as well. Check out more images from the campaign, plus pieces from the collection, in the slideshow now. Do you like what you see?
- Taylor Swift bought a house near the Kennedys’ family home in Massachusetts — OK! Magazine
- Vanessa Paradis’ first interview since splitting from Johnny Depp — Who
- Did Zach Galifianakis get married over the weekend? — E! Online
- Tobey Maguire may return to Sydney for The Great Gatsby reshoots — Daily Telegraph
- Ronan Keating’s estranged wife Yvonne has moved on — CelebrityFIX
- The verdict on Everybody Dance Now: great talent, format needs work — Reality Ravings
- Jean-Claude Van Damme says he had a fling with Kylie Minogue — Daily Mail
- Ronn Moss is leaving The Bold and the Beautiful after 25 years — Sydney Morning Herald
- Jeremy Renner takes a swipe at the Kardashians — Famous
- Chris O’Dowd apologises for offending Sydney suburb Campbelltown — Pedestrian.tv
With their laid-back polish and effortless panache, it's no wonder why the world is mystified by the fashion habits of French women past and present. Though we're definitely inspired by classic Parisiennes like Brigitte Bardot and Jane Birkin, there are a crop of contemporary style setters who provide us with the utmost in sophisticated French dressing. In honour of Bastille Day, we're highlighting 11 of our favourite French fashion icons. Click through to see examples of their enviable style, plus find out why we love them so much. Photos courtesy of Vogue Italia, Marie Claire, Vogue Paris, and Tatler
As it’s Bastille Day, we’re using it as a good excuse to celebrate our love of all things French — macarons, baguettes, stripes, berets . . . and some of our favourite French actors! These stars offer more than their Gallic beauty and sexy accents — one has won an Oscar and has a role in the most anticipated movie of the year, while another has romanced Chuck Bass on the small screen. Ooh la la!
- Johnny Depp and Vanessa Paradis tried to save their relationship — Who
- Halle Berry has to pay Gabriel Aubry a lot of child support — OK! Magazine
- The 50 best things about TV — The Age
- Alec Baldwin also ran over a photographer’s foot — NY Daily News
- Katy Perry’s divorce tears almost ruined her fake eyelashes — CelebrityFIX
- Did you learn anything from watching The Voice? — Reality Ravings
- Boy band 98 Degrees set to reunite — Famous
- Cheyenne Tozzi doesn’t want to be called a socialite — Daily Telegraph
Rumours have been flying for months about a split between Johnny Depp and Vanessa Paradis — today, Johnny and Vanessa confirmed their amicable separation. Throughout their 14-year relationship, Johnny and Vanessa toured the globe and welcomed two children, Jack and Lily Rose.
Click through to see some of Johnny and Vanessa's most loving moments during happier times.
Johnny Depp and Vanessa Paradis have split. The couple confirmed the rumours that have been swirling for months about their breakup and Johnny's publicist released a statement saying, "Johnny Depp and Vanessa Paradis have amicably separated. Please respect their privacy and, more importantly, the privacy of their children."
Johnny and Vanessa were together for 14 years and have two kids together, Jack and Lily Rose. Sad news to hear of any long-time loves ending, but hopefully they are able to keep everything amicable for their children.
You can always rely on Chanel to draw an eclectic front row crowd, and yesterday's Cruise '13 presentation was no exception. Fashionable faces such as Vanessa Paradis, Tilda Swinton, Caroline Sieber and Alice Dellal graced the gardens of Versailles in their finest threads, with standout accessories being the main accoutrement of choice. Brightly coloured heels, flats and sunglasses gave just the right amount of punch to head-to-toe Chanel ensembles that looked just as good on the front row as they do on the runway. Step inside to see them all.
After rumours started circulating earlier this year that Johnny Depp and partner Vanessa Paradis's relationship was on the rocks, Johnny is finally speaking out. At the European debut for Dark Shadows in London, Johnny dismissed the reports and said that they are absolutely not true. We have footage from the premiere in today's PopSugar Rush — plus, find out what he has to say about his "bizarre" sex scene in the movie!