A change in season is the perfect time to reinvent your hair colour and style, and if you want to keep on-trend, celebrity hairstylist Barney Martin says there's a few options to consider as we move into Summer. "For starters, it’s time to pack up your curling tongs and think natural texture and long, grown-out layers."
The natural look was huge at the Spring 2013 international runway shows, with designers including Charlotte Ronson, Lanvin (pictured above) and Versace all giving a nod to minimal styling and effortless hair.
"Hair is moving away from the Kardashian and Victoria's Secret bombshell look and towards a more unstated look, just like the fashion from the catwalks," says Barney. To find out his top five hairstyles to try this season, click through..
- Geometric cuts are back! This may be hairdressers' ode to the late Vidal Sassoon.
- Texture cuts but with with clean perimeters and tidy around the edges.
- Great Gatsby inspired short bobs.
- Short choppy fringes cut above the brows or to the other extreme big fringes.
- A contrast of either muted down colours following the economic downturn or bleach blondes with pastel tips following the dip-dye trend.