- Eat more spicy food. Capsaicin, the chemical that makes chilli's spicy, has been shown to promote hair growth by mimicking natural human growth factors.
- Drink soy milk. The isoflavones in soy are known to increase hair growth.
- Take a biotin supplement. If you're not getting enough biotin in your diet, it could be hampering your length. Biotin also naturally occurs in tomatoes, carrots, romaine lettuce, and chard. Make a salad already!
- Give yourself a scalp massage. It increases circulation, helping stimulate your hair follicles.
- Cut down on your stress. Stress slows down hair growth, among about a million other ill effects. Finding a healthy way to manage it can help speed things back up.
Source: Getty / Ilya S. Savenok