It's hard to believe that the multi-talented Gwyneth Paltrow could be terrible at anything but the Oscar-winning actress confessed to her GOOP subscribers that she never gets it right when applying her own makeup. She turned to her makeup artist Emma Lovell for a step-by-step lesson for perfecting day- and night-time makeup, and we picked up a few product recommendations and tips along the way.
- Try the Clarisonic Blue Cleansing System ($249) — a must-have for prepping your skin.
- Always begin by putting your foundation on your hand first and use your fingers to apply it, starting from the centre and working outwards.
- Don't leave the house without curling your eyelashes before adding mascara.
- When applying eyeshadow, build the colour slowly in layers, not all at once.
- Dust your T-zone with loose setting powder to reduce shine and set your makeup.
For the full tutorial, head over to GOOP.