Michael Dueñas, founder of Hair Room Service, an exclusive agency that brings professional stylists to clients, shares with us a gorgeous way to update Veronica Lake's perfectly soft waves. The original look is a classic, but Dueñas has a few tips for making it a bit more wearable for modern times. Although he loves classic Lake waves, he notes that her style is frizzier and flatter than we'd want today. "I'd create more volume and more wave, but also make the look cleaner and more polished," he explains. To see how he would create the look, read more.
Keep reading . . .
- To get the waves voluminous, he says he would start by giving hair a full blow-dry to create a good base.
- Then, he recommends taking a one-inch curling iron and curling the hair in small, even sections across the head, making sure to curl them all in the same direction. To make this step easier, he suggests curling in squared-off sections, visualising the head as a grid.
- Once the curls have cooled, he advises taking a Mason Pearson brush and brushing it straight down the length of the hair to loosen the curls.
- After that, spray some hairspray on the brush, and brush straight down again.
- Continue brushing until all the waves fall together perfectly.
Photo courtesy Memory Lane