- Leave it be: It's been said before, but it's still true: do not pop or pick at your pimple. Not only does it spread bacteria, but it makes it practically impossible to cover.
- Go green: After washing your hands, apply a green-tinted concealer, like the one in the Bloom Cosmetics Secret Weapon Concealer Kit ($20), to neutralise the red of the blemish. Pat it on with a clean makeup sponge, but do not rub.
- Conceal: Generously layer your regular concealer on top of the green with a clean sponge or brush, blending away any harsh edges left behind by the green.
- Powder: Dip a small brush into your regular powder and gently pat it on and around the blemish to set the concealers. Use a light, tapping motion to get full coverage from the powder.
- Finishing touch: If you still feel like you need some coverage, add a second layer of your flesh-toned concealer, but avoid another powder layer to avoid looking cakey.
Latest Makeup, Beauty, Hair & Skin