But what is it about French women that makes them seem so pleasantly content and perfectly complected? In the NYT best-seller, French Women Don't Get Fat, author Mireille Guiliano describes a lifestyle that is full of variety, where deprivation is replaced by savouring things to the fullest. And when it comes to beauty, Thomas explains it's a similar mindset: "Balance is the key word: French women balance food their food and balance their lifestyle." In honour of Paris fashion week, see just what Thomas means on how French women get it right when you keep reading.
French women . . .
- "Have a strategy," says Thomas. But one thing they do not have, is an aggressive approach to skincare, excessive scrubbing included.
- Wash their faces with soft cleansers, eschewing harsh soaps and detergent-based products.
- Use toner. "Toner is essential," he advises, and with good reason. Not only do toners clear the face of impurities, but they also help remove makeup and hydrate the skin.
- Use masks. Thomas recommends slathering on a purifying mask, such as the Vinopure Purifying Mask, twice a week to soothe and rejuvenate skin.
- Prefer a more natural look, and wear multiple-benefit moisturisers and very little makeup. Sounds très magnifique, oui?