Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen were interviewed in The Telegraph this week, and the sisters had a lot to say about how they work together on their clothing collections, as well as how they grew from child stars to a fashion force to be reckoned with. Here are some highlights:
- Ashley on why they design: "I did feel there was a need for luxurious basics, to wear with couture. When you're small like I am, you need things to break it up, or not look like you're in the full look. So it started with that concept, and just kind of grew from there. It's pieces that we feel are missing, or that we want. We make the best quality, things that we would shop for, that we appreciate and find beautiful."
- Mary-Kate on their little sister, actress Elizabeth: "We're so proud of her! She's working really hard."
- Ashley on still having Full House fans: "Four- and five-year-old kids come up to us and they're like, 'I don't understand, because you're so big now, and I watch you on Full House and you're a baby!'"
- Mary-Kate on where she sees herself in 10 years: "My answers are always sarcastic to this. [Laughs] I always say taller."
- Mary-Kate on her closeness with Ashley: ". . . We are a unit! We still probably spend more time together than we're apart. The only time we really don't see each other is when we're sleeping, I guess."