April 29 is only three weeks away — yes, Prince William and Kate Middleton have just a little while to go before they’re husband and wife! And as the royal wedding inches closer, a few more details about what will happen on the day are starting to emerge. While one of the biggest questions — what will Kate wear? — remains unanswered, here are some of the other things the Daily Mail says we can expect:
- Kate’s mother, Carole, will arrive at a special VIP entrance at Westminster Abbey before the royal party, at around 10:30 a.m.
- Members of the 1,900-strong congregation are banned from bringing mobiles and cameras, and have been asked to start arriving from 8:30 a.m.
- William’s family, including best man Prince Harry, will arrive between 10:40 and 10:50 a.m., with the Queen and Prince Philip being the last to arrive.
- Kate and her father Michael will arrive at 11 a.m.
- Following the wedding, William and Kate will make a 10-minute appearance on the Buckingham Palace balcony and will share their first public kiss.
It has also been reported that when William and Kate return from their honeymoon they’ll stay at a suite at Clarence House with Harry before settling on where they want to set up their home base (options apparently include Buckingham Palace, St James’ Palace and Kensington Palace). Do all these new details excite you for one of the biggest weddings we’ll witness?