Jennifer Lopez is on the front cover of Marie Claire UK's June issue, showing some skin. She's been all over Europe and the US recently promoting romcom The Back-Up Plan, with the charming Alex O'Loughlin. Inside the mag she talks about her famous exes, her envied body and the happiness she's found with her hubby Marc Anthony. Here are some highlights:
- On her past relationships: "The tabloids covered those times heavily, but when I look back I know those were real parts of my life. That's what maybe confused people—it seemed like something that was made up and crazy, but there was real genuine feeling in all those relationships."
- On keeping up with her exes' lives: "Would I see a movie of Ben’s? Sure! Why not? I haven't seen him or talked to him in a while—our lives went in two very different directions. But I always wish him the best and I always thought he was a great person. And Sean—I've run into him once or twice, with Marc, and it's always very friendly. He asks about the twins because he has twins too. Again, I always wish him the best."
- On how she felt about all the attention: "I honestly at that time was in such a work fog I didn't even notice. Now that I've had time to sit I appreciate and love everything in a different way, and I think that's because of the kids too. I just think of life in a different way: back then it was just about the grind."
To read how Jennifer stays in shape and see what she has to say about Marc Anthony, read on.
- On how she stays in shape: "Just like anybody I try to watch what I eat—there's no big science to it, which is what sucks. One of the good tricks is to have a goal—for me it may be getting in shape for a video shoot. The other is portion control. I love to eat everything and you pretty much can—a little piece of something fattening is not going to kill you. It's when you eat the whole box that it's going to kill you. If you can learn to not eat till your stomach feels full and gross, then you can pretty much control your life in that area."
- On her husband: "I think there was always this very strong chemistry with Marc and I from the very beginning, and he was always letting me know that. Since we first met I always felt that, if I got into trouble, he was the one person I could call and he would always be there. That to me is love in its purest form.... We kind of did [get together] in the beginning. We saw each other for a little bit, then kind of went our separate ways for many years because we were both in different places in our lives. Now we have the kind of love with no question mark."