Rooney Mara, Mia Wasikowska, Jennifer Lawrence and Jessica Chastain have the honour of being on the very front cover of March 2012's Vanity Fair. It's the publication's "Fresh Young Stars of 2012" issue, featuring 11 up-and-coming actresses. Inside the cover fold, Elizabeth Olsen, Adepero Oduye, Shailene Woodley, Paula Patton, Felicity Jones, Lily Collins and Brit Marling are also featured. Mario Testino gathered them all together for a recent photo shoot — click through to see the full image of all 11 together!
The last 12 months have been big for each of the ladies, in particular Rooney, Mia, Jennifer and Jessica. Rooney just scored an Oscar nomination for The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, as did Jessica for The Help. Mia's Albert Nobbs got a great deal of awards season love, and Jennifer is looking forward to the release of her huge series The Hunger Games. The actresses opened up for the magazine about their careers, childhood crushes, and more. They said:
- Jessica on her superstar crush: "Ralph Fiennes. The English Patient. Of course. Those love scenes!"
- Jennifer on who else she'd like to work with: "I'd love to work with the Coen brothers. Tommy Lee Jones. Jack Nicholson. And I'd love to work with Renée Zellweger. I'm a huge Renée Zellweger fan."
- Rooney on her crush growing up: "Thom Yorke."
- Jennifer on her childhood crush: "When I was little, like '90s era, I had such a big crush on Justin Timberlake from *NSYNC that I almost threw up."
- Mia on someone she'd like to work with: "I just saw We Need to Talk About Kevin, and I'm a huge fan of Tilda Swinton, and I'm hopefully going to work with her next year. She's one of my favourites. And that movie was probably one of my favourites of the year."