Fans of Jil Sander's light and color-filled Spring collection might have freaked out a little over the all-black beginning to Fall. Thankfully, it was temporary, before designer Raf Simons introduced a nod to '60s ski motifs with his aviator-capped models in bright, slim knits. Minimalist silhouettes that define the Jil Sander brand got a fresh look through the maximalist lens of last season; shift dresses and boxy tops were blown up, and some fabrics had the thickness of sleeping bags in an interesting but not-so-figure-flattering way. Florals returned, this time smaller and darker, but, thankfully, the bold colour stayed on.
- Trends: Minimalism, '60s ski, knits, florals, graphic prints.
- Colours: Mint green, royal blue, red, yellow, teal.
- Key Looks: A floral oversized sheath, the graphic knits under boxy tops and coats.
- Accessories: Aviator caps, elbow-length gloves, pointy-toe black boots.
- Who Would Wear It: Art gallery-types, minimalist fans, and Tilda Swinton.
Keep reading . . .