If you read my book Lauren Conrad Style, then you may already know that I have a love/hate relationship when it comes to traveling. While I love jetting off for a vacation, I can't say that I like the dozens of red-eye flights and security checks that I deal with when flying somewhere. To ease the pain of traveling, I like to keep my look simple and smart. I say smart because there are so many things you can do to cut down on potential security screenings and make the act of traveling more comfortable. Today I will be sharing my smart style tips for traveling since I figured that many of you might be making journeys in the air this holiday season . . . Related: 2013: My New Year's Resolutions To get Lauren's tips for travelling in style, just . . .
My Mile-High Style Tips
- Keep your look simple. I like to wear mostly black when I travel. Sometimes I throw in one complementary colour, such as burgundy or beige.
- Wear socks! Is there anything worse than forgetting to pack socks and then having to tiptoe through the security line with bare feet? I think not . . .
- Forget anything strappy or full of buckles. Like I said before, simplicity is key. By avoiding anything superfluous like strappy sandals and triple-buckle boots, you can cut down on the time you spend preparing for security and up your in-flight comfort factor too!
- Minimise your jewellery. Instead of piling your wrists with watches and bracelets, keep your accessories to a minimum. Nine times out of ten you will be asked to remove everything before going through airport security.
- Layer up. Wear your most comfortable pair of jeans or leggings — preferably in a dark colour. Top off your look with a simple tee and a cosy sweater or relaxed blazer. Finally, twist on a scarf (or pack one in your carry-on). We all know that planes get chilly! I usually like to keep my jacket and scarf packed in my carry-on to cut down on the time I spend getting ready to go through security. If I already have these layers off, then I don't need to worry about taking them on and off during the security screening. Once I'm through security, I usually pile these items on to prepare for the artic temps to come on the plane . . . Do you have a no-fail in-flight outfit? What do you like to wear? If you have a go-to travel ensemble, snap a photo of yourself before your next journey! Upload the photo to your profile page and leave the link below for a chance to be a Chic of the Week. Happy travels! Also be sure to check out my Travel section for more tips! XO Lauren Source: Lauren Conrad Style More stories from LaurenConrad.com: http://laurenconrad.com/blog/post/rewind-lauren-s-best-fashion-looks-of-2012">Rewind: Lauren's Best Looks of 2012 Friday Favorites Breaking Bad: How to Wear in Your Boots Style Note: Proportion Play