Frida Giannini swathed the runway in bright colours and vivid prints for Gucci's Spring '13 collection. Inspired by the works of Richard Avedon, (specifically his photos of Marella Agnelli, Talitha Getty, and Gloria Vanderbilt), the show opened up with jolt of sleek saturated pink dresses decorated with luxurious ruffles and bell sleeves, and while the silhouettes looked fairly modest in the front, Giannini showed off some skin with elegant back cut-outs. A bright brigade of cobalt blue, turquoise, and citron followed suit, providing even more resplendent looks to fawn over. For added texture and contrast, Giannini provided luxurious reptilian print jacquard minidresses and skirt suits — we especially loved the pink python print combo worn by Joan Smalls. If there was any question about Giannini's '70s vibe, the designer provided silky pyjama-like printed tunics and pants. No doubt about it, Giannini designed for the bold, impactful, and confident woman; one we can see in red-carpet stunners like Jennifer Lopez and .
- Trends: Exaggerated ruffles, leather, bell sleeves, reptilian prints.
- Colours: Bold pink, cobalt blue, turquoise, yellow, white, black, green citron.
- Key Piece: The bold pink ruffled long-sleeve gown was magnificent.
- Accessories: Patent ankle-wrap sandals, oversized sunglasses, statement earrings and necklaces, leather clutches and bags.
- Who Should Wear It: Women who crave a dramatic flair like Zoe Saldana, Jennifer Lopez, and Li Bingbing.