Lace, accordion pleats, brocade finishes, and silver sequins — it was all about ultra-girlie dress details at Jill Stuart. With only a few silky trousers, pantsuits, and belted trench coats peppered throughout, her undeniably dress-focused approach to Spring 2013 indicated a strong affinity to the feminine silhouette above all else. Cut close to the body, and in a range that ran the gamut from pencil-shaped sheaths to slim-cut blazers, there wasn't a single look that didn't enhance the female form — in a good way, we might add. But, with such an overarching lean toward a ladylike styling sensibility, we found Jill's bolder take on the ankle-wrap ballerina-inspired platforms to be a much-needed accent to the softer shapes on top. Get our trend breakdown below, then click through to see the complete Jill Stuart Spring 2013 collection.
- Trends: Romantic textures (lace, sequins, pleats, and brocade), high ruffled necklines, knee-length hems, and bow-tie details.
- Colours: Dusty pink, coral, burnt orange, muted bronze, ivory, silver, black, and white.
- Key Piece: The slinky floral lace bronze-hued dress paired with thick ankle-strap pumps.
- Accessories: Variations on the thick ankle-strap pump (peep-toe and otherwise) and one silver sequin headpiece.
- Who Should Wear It: A-list starlets with a penchant for romantic flourishes. Top of mind? Keira Knightley, Eva Mendes, and front-row attendee Rose Byrne.