Rodarte's Fall 2013 collection could be summed up in four words: punk rock prom queen. Designers Kate and Laura Mulleavy stayed true to their signature artful colour clashing and pattern play while also introducing new, sexier silhouettes. Their always ethereal aesthetic got a jolt of edgy sex appeal with skin-baring cut-outs and mesh bodices — not the mention the '90s-era bodysuits worn under low-slung trousers (a look that we all tried at one time during our youth). Sticking with the grunge-inspired feel, cropped leggings were worn under diaphanous dresses and topped with slouchy leather jackets, and each look was topped with layers of chunky gold chains, tough-girl earrings, or spiked headbands.
- Colours: Black, camel, and white (with pops of purple, pink, red, and blue).
- Trends: Cut-outs, sheer panels, ruffles, tie-dye.
- Shoes: Ankle-strap, Mary Jane-style platforms worn with floral socks.
- Front-row fixtures: Carine Roitfeld, Kate Lanphear, and '90s rock style icon Kim Gordon.
- Beauty look: Loose, romantic half-updos, nude lips with heavy under-eye liner.