Zimmermann is always one of our favourite shows on the fashion week schedule, and this year they didn't disappoint. How do Nicky and Simone Zimmermann manage to raise our heart rates and inspire our runway-weary eyes season after season? By delivering carefully considered, beautifully constructed but utterly wearable collections — keeping the loyal Zimmo' fan club happy, whilst impressing the cynical fash' pack. The vision of uber femme, pastel-perfect florals could have wandered into saccharine-sweet, twee territory, but the washed out tropical blooms and digital petal prints got a shot of cool via laser-cut, perforated textures. Punctured sleeves were net-like and skirts were a play in print and texture thanks to precision panelling of sheer next to woven next to lace. Silhouettes were slightly Oriental with high chongsam necklines and kimono-wrap tops giving a refined feel, whilst sporty outwear ensured Zimmermann had something to offer their Resort-loving clientele.
- Colours: Pastels of all shades; mint, peach, lilac, pink and blue.
- Trends: Print clashing, sports-inspired shapes, cropped trousers, texture, laser-cut techniques, Oriental and tropical prints.
- Key Looks: Spliced tailored dresses in floral, the perforated swimsuits and dresses, open weave knit tops and printed capri pants.
- Accessories: Snakeskin and perspex spliced stilettos and oversized envelope clutches.
- Front Row: Kate Waterhouse, Gigi Edgley, Jodi Gordon, Elin Kling.