Alice McCall looked to Russian babooshka dolls for her inspiration for Spring/Summer '12-'13, the cheery result being a measured play between folkish and futuristic finishes. Saturated needlepoint floral motifs, romantic cotton voile lace (complete with miniature applique buds), fit-and-flare silhouettes and prim elbow-length sleeves were a nod to traditional Hungarian dress, but the stiff scalloped edging, nifty sheer under-skirts and over-layers, architectural and floral digital prints and neon pops ensured it appealed to Alice's loyal fan club. It was cute, it was unexpected, it was the stuff that would get your referred to as the girl in that dress at a party. The only question is, when can we put in a pre-order?
- Colours: White, tangerine, powder blue, pale pink, nude and red.
- Trends: Sheer, peplums, graphic prints, cut-outs, leather, crop tops and cropped pants.
- Key Looks: Neon beadwork on pastel and nude sheer bases, folkish floral embroidered white dresses, any of the graphic prints and a killer scalloped cut-out necklined dress in red.
- Accessories: Powder blue pointy-toe pumps, headscarves, rosette and crystal drop earrings and bib-necklaces.
- Front Row: Yasmin Sewell, Natalie Joos, Bryan Boy, Kirrily Johnston, Elin Kling, Jodi Gordon and Rumi Neely.