What a way to celebrate! Ginger and Smart brought the party to On Seven at David Jones' Castlereagh Street store on day one of Mercedes Benz Fashion Week. The design duo celebrated their tenth anniversary with a bang, sending neon hues, punchy digitalised prints, silver foil embellished brocades and high-shine metallics down the runway. To counter the spotlight-stealing colour palette and fabrications, the silhouettes were a little subtler: relaxed tailoring and ladylike shapes worked their magic. It may have been an anniversary show, but G&S's Spring/Summer offerings were definitely future-facing.
- Colours: White, neon pink, lime green and tangerine, navy blue, grey, nudes.
- Trends: Sporty, futuristic fabrics, metallics, peplum, cropped trousers, layering, metallic knits and digital prints.
- Key Looks: Ladylike shapes in futuristic fabrics, metallic edged suiting, relaxed tailoring and fluid maxi dresses.
- Accessories: Two-tone stilettos and flat sandals in neon, nudes, brocade, patent and leather combinations, Dinosaur Design resin bangles, earrings and rings, and Isson catseye sunglasses.
- Front Row: Bryan Boy, Yasmin Sewell.