A clear crisp morning signalled a fresh start for Lisa Ho's Spring/Summer '12-'13 collection preview — not that Lisa needs to start anew — her fashion week shows are known for being reliably good. However, this was a departure of sorts from her classic, ladylike aesthetic. Prints were punchy, cartoonish almost, with oversized Hawaiian blooms perking up chic blazers, cropped trousers and thigh-high shorts. Digital patterns introduced technicolour hues, set off by crisp white shirting and slick navy separates. Girlish additions to otherwise streamlined silhouettes made it more frou-frou than usual, with drop-waist frills and peplums upping the flirt factor. Languid, pyjama pants kept it casual, while Lisa's red carpet offering were (as always) glamorous thanks to fluid fabrications and flowing trains.
- Colours: Navy, white, khaki, canary yellow, nude and emerald green.
- Trends: Peplums, tropical prints, cropped trousers, paisley prints, photo-prints, sheer and pyjama tailoring.
- Key Looks: Palm print short suits, Hawaiian floral gowns and separates, scarf-print prom dresses and nifty full skirts in stiff, flare-holding fabrics.
- Accessories: Layered up multiple beaded wrist ties, back-fastened beaded skinny belts, solid wooden platform sandals and sparkly neck bling.
- Front Row: Erika Heynatz, Jesinta Campbell, Charlotte Dawson, Gigi Edgley, Sophia Banks Coloma.