Potts Point hot-spot The Apollo provided an intimate setting for Michael Lo Sordo's much-anticipated collection. So anticipated in fact that die-hard fans were forced to watch the catwalk presentation from outside, faces pressed up against the windows hoping to get a glimpse at MLS' S/S '12-'13 line-up. Last year his precision knife pleating and ephemeral chiffon skirts stole hearts, and today he consolidated his up-and-coming status with impressively constructed garments, imbued with a subtly sexy sensibility. Sheer side-panels, exposed zips, architecturally crisp folds and metallic-edges put the focus on his formalist vision: line, shape and silhouette. Photographic florals were ghostly in watercolour hues, whilst the sparse colour palette kept things simple. The crowd liked what they saw, and for good reason.
- Colours: Red, white, turquoise, black, navy chambray and cream.
- Trends: Tailoring, sheer, cut-outs, metallics, photographic floral prints, cropped trousers, pencil skirts.
- Key Looks: The best little red dress we've seen for a long time complete with a gladiator-style skirt, leather-sleeved tuxedo jackets, photo-print floral skirt suits, slick jumpsuits.
- Accessories: Two-tone sculptured metallic stilettos, designed my PeepToe especially for the show (and which you can buy, btw, via his Facebook page!).
- Front Row: The international blogger crew, Ruby Rose.