Oroton pulled out all the stops to preview their Spring/Summer '12-'13 ready to wear line (which, btw, is not their first RTW release) at Mercedes Benz Fashion Week. The biggest runway space was booked, international stylist Taylor Tomasi Hill was on deck, the celeb-filled front row were present and accounted for. And the clothes you ask? Let's just say we've amassed decent pre-order list. Couture it was not, but it wasn't trying to be. Classic silk separates, crisp shirting and neat two-tone knits were the stuff of wardrobe essentials, all styled to perfection. Creative director Ana Maria Escobar told us last week that we could expect fresh and fun from the heritage brand, and we found it in the form of disco-ready sequinned shifts, retro-inspired scarf prints, Oroton's signature glomesh which edged dinner jackets and (of course) the lust-worthy accessories.
- Colours: Cobalt blue, nude, yellow, tobacco, navy, violet, cream, pale blue, orange and cream
- Trends: Scarf prints, relaxed tailoring, cropped pants, sporty outerwear, pencil skirts, snakeskin accessories.
- Key Looks: Glomesh edged jackets and contrast collar shirts, Bermuda shorts, scarf print silk separates, the minimal bags and shoes.
- Accessories: Cute camera bags, leather backpacks, two-strap flat sandals, woven ankle booties, glomesh and snakeskin spliced carryalls and plaited waist belts.
- Front Row: Erika Heynatz, April Rose Pengily, Gail Elliott, Rachael Finch, Laura Csortan and Jay Lyons.