Day Five of fashion week can be a struggle. Shows and days blur, and it's hard to muster excitement for an early morning show, let alone one off site! However, Suboo's Friday morning slot proved no barrier all of the above. Suboo may be known for their beachy-lifestyle accessories but their ready to wear debut lifted front row spirits and got us seriously excited about Summer. Cheery abstract prints, shots of chartreuse, and anglaise-like perforated cottons was expertly cut and spliced to make figure-fitting maxi dresses that were cooler than the average resort offerings. Contrasting crochet edging, colour-spliced panels on knife pleated skirts, bustier tops, sexy side cut-outs and racer necklines made the poppy collection of silk jumpsuits, cotton voile dresses and one piece swimsuits modern - but sexily so. These are the sorts of clothes that make you want to skip off to the nearest tropical island STAT, piña colada in hand. Suboo's collection heralds from somewhere we would all rather be.
- Colours: Neon chartreuse, cornflower blue, powder blue, mint green, pale pink, tangerine, white, cream and black.
- Trends: Pyjama dressing, cut-outs, sheer, neon, graphic prints, jumpsuits, peplums, pastels and thigh high splits.
- Key Looks: A strapless chartreuse and white spliced bustier-top maxi dress, mint cotton sundress with cut-out detail peplum, net-spliced printed one piece and one particulary fab tangerine cut-work lace dress.
- Accessories: Two-strap sandals in gelato three way splices, black and white, or plain peach colourways.
- Front Row: Nikki Phillips, Kate Waterhouse and Jesinta Campbell.