Burberry took a walk on the quirky side for A/W 2012. Stripes, bow-tie belts, owl-print tops, and bomber jackets made an appearance, sometimes layered together for something that was like Christopher Bailey's take on street style. It was a definite departure from past collections that hung purely in the sleek and sophisticated category. This collection felt younger, almost teen-like. Individually, there are covetable pieces, like the cropped bombers and the owl sweaters. Arguably the biggest show of London Fashion Week finished on a sweetly dramatic note: faux snow, which fell from the ceiling, while the models walked underneath with pretty umbrellas.
- Trends: Cropped jackets, peplum, military.
- Colours: Mustard, brown, wine, hunter green.
- Key Piece: Cropped bomber jackets are a must own.
- Accessories: Oxford heels, doctor bags, cute umbrellas, bow belts.
- Who Would Wear It: Girls with a quirky approach to ladylike style; think Zooey Deschanel.