Francisco Costa took the brand's signature minimalism to a sexy place for Spring 2012. There were whisper-thin slipdresses that hugged the body, done in black or nude tones, and suiting cut to show a hint of lingerie. Bias-cut dresses grazed the runway, and the neutral colour palette offered an understated relief for the eyes from the bold, bright hues we've seen at other NYFW catwalk presentations. The verdict: sophisticated sexy, with enough of Calvin Klein's signature less-is-more approach to keep the loyal CK client base happy.
- Trends: Lingerie, sheer, slip dresses, 1940s.
- Colours: White, nude, pale lemon, caramel, bronze, black and pewter.
- Key Look: Any of the bias cut chiffon dresses with boudoir detailing.
- Accessories: Platform T-bar heels in ivory and ebony colourways.
- Who Would Wear It: Elegant Hollywood types like Cate Blanchett, Naomi Watts, Kate Bosworth.
Catch the Calvin Klein NYFW runway show in full . . .