For Autumn/Winter '12, Derek Lam mixed his ladylike style with a sportif twist melding chic separates with a menswear twist. Pretty ivory floral satin bomber jackets were paired with pencil skirts and finished off with eye-catching cap-toe ankle boots and metallic loafers. Additionally, there were sharp metallic suit sets, quirky collars, and pleated wide-leg cropped trousers made in wool, leather, and, for a glitzy touch, sequins. Lam's effortless style was also translated into a beautiful array of ivory and black languid silk gowns paired with textural cable-knit sweaters. For outerwear, the designer melded luxury and sport, creating puff jackets and vests adorned with fur collars. More details from Lam's feminine cool collection below.
- Trends: Wide-leg cropped trousers, floral print, bomber jackets, side-slit details.
- Colours: Maroon, black, ivory, dark mustard yellow, grey.
- Key Piece: We loved the ivory cable-knit sweater layered over the fluid silk dress — gorgeous!
- Accessories: Cap-toe leather booties, metallic loafers, floral booties, floral bags.
- Who Would Wear It: Fashion-forward celebs like Diane Kruger and Kirsten Dunst.