For her Autumn/Winter 2012 collection, Isabel Marant mixed her signature bohemian-cool style with a splash of the Wild West. Specifically, it was the late 19th century cowgirls that inspired Marant: "I love the way they were wearing very masculine trousers to ride horses with lace shirts," said Marant. That said, the designer mixed feminine pieces with tougher elements by pairing a bevy of cowgirl shirts and sheer blouses with ruffled skirts and cropped pants. The latter featured a mix of fringed jeans and a standout pair of louche grey suede trousers with red trim. Short dresses ranged from laser-cut leather minis to a silk shirtdress rendition of the cowgirl top. Shoes are always a big seller for Marant, and we can already predict a long waiting list for her newest offerings: pointy-toe pumps with cut-out details and embroidered leather cowboy boots. More details from Isabel Marant's irresistibly cool collection below.
- Trends: Western influence, oversized coats, laser-cut detailing, cropped flare pants.
- Colours: Red, grey, ivory, military green, black, navy, pink.
- Key Piece: The military coat, suede trousers, and cute cowboy shirts.
- Accessories: Embroidered cowboy boots, suede point-toe pumps, skinny leather and brass belts.
- Who Would Wear It: It girls like Kate Bosworth and Alexa Chung; anyone who craves an effortless cool look.