Helmut Lang designers Nicole and Michael Colovos debuted a slick collection for Spring 2012 highlighting bold cuts and a strong, simple colour palette. Staying true their minimal aesthetic, the line was the epitome of downtown cool with pieces like cropped silk pants, bright yellow asymmetric dresses, and covetable tailored blazers. Zoom in and you can see sleek details like shorts cut high on the sides, cording on tops, and slinky straps all punctuating the modern theme. The brand's handbag collection, which launched about a year ago, also made an appearance on the runway with its signature pod-shaped silhouette in a new range of colours along with colourblocked satchels and totes.
- Trends: Asymmetric tops and skirts, high-cut shorts, draped blazers, loose trousers.
- Colours: Black, yellow, white, gray.
- Key Look: The yellow draped dresses and high-cut shorts.
- Accessories: Colourblock wedge sandals, peep-toe boots, sporty satchels, small shoulder bags.
- Who Would Wear It: Girls who crave edgier pieces like Malin Akerman, Leigh Lezark, and Rihanna.