While jumper season gives your core a little wiggle room, but what about the tight sleeves? Here are some at-home moves to keep the back of your arms in shape; best of all, these exercises don't require weights. When doing these moves at home, face a mirror to watch that your shoulders stay relaxed.
- Stand with feet parallel about a foot apart. Bend your knees as you fold your chest slightly forward.
- Lift your elbows up behind you and roll your shoulder blades down.
- Bend your elbows and lift them up behind you and roll your shoulder blades down your back.
- Keeping your upper arms still, straighten your elbows so your arms are parallel with the ground, then return to your starting position to complete one rep. Repeat this motion for 10 to 15 total reps keeping your elbows lifted for the whole exercise.
- Keeping your elbows extended, make tiny lifts up toward the ceiling with straight arms. Do this for 10 reps, keeping your shoulders drawn down away from your ears.
- From here, rotate your palms up to face the ceiling, and then rotate palms back to face each other. Finish approximately 10 full rotations.
See the rest of the triceps exercises after the break!
- With your palms still facing the ceiling, bend your elbows toward your ears on a flat plane, then straighten them back behind you. Complete 10-15 reps to finish.
Bend to Finish
- For added bonus: Pick up the pace and bend to straighten double time, focusing on the straightening of your elbow for 8 final reps.