A lot of dairy and re-fried beans in traditional seven-layer dips can be hard to digest. For a fresh take on a favourite, this lightened-up recipe still curbs cravings but with much less fat and far more fibre. And even though we're lightening up the layers with some healthy swaps, the dip will keep the festive look and variety of textures that everyone loves. Keep reading to make a smarter dip.
2 cups chopped romaine lettuce
2 avocados, mashed well
1 cup low-fat Greek yoghurt
2/3 cup black beans
1/2 cup diced tomatoes
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Sliced black olives and scallions to garnish
- Spread chopped romaine lettuce at the bottom of a large bowl.
- Add avocado layer on top, and smooth out with a spoon to even height.
- Spoon Greek yoghurt layer, and smooth if necessary.
- Layer black beans, then diced tomatoes on top.
- Sprinkle cheese, and add olives and scallions.
- Dips, Appetizers