Riccardo Tisci tapped into Game of Thrones decadence with his Autumn/Winter collection. Setting the stage in an intimate appointment-only landscape, Tisci took his viewers into a luxurious, gypsy-inspired world surrounded by the trees. We can't help but feel transported to Sherwood Forest as the regal-like collection unfolded in rich red beading, embroidery, and laser-cut leather and fur. He tapped into luxury, but like all things Givenchy, the richness was never overworked or too precious. With easy silhouettes, you have the sense that you could carry off the most intricately beaded and embellished pieces as easily as Joan Smalls, who wears her glittering and fringed black and gold ombre top with a perfect nonchalance. That's the cool-girl quality Tisci never forgets; here it was the opulence of his details countered in effortless shapes, like a simple column gown finished with a fur caplet or an intricate, perfectly draped leather and fringe cape.
- Trends: Fur, capes, thigh-high slits, leather, fringe, geometric embellishment.
- Colours: Rich red, black, buttery brown, creamy beige, flecks of gold.
- Key piece: The red beaded, fringe, and fur-trimmed capes and coats in black and brown.
- Accessories: Visor-like shades, open-toe boots (and a German Shepherd).
- Who would wear it: The ultra-luxe gypsy; Carine Roitfeld was made to wear the fringed leather capes.