I don't know about you but if I have a big event coming up, my first thought is my unruly hair. I just know I'm going to spend a lot of time on it when I'm getting ready.
I've got a
wedding to attend soon though, so I need to be prepared now instead of staring in the mirror plucking at my frizzy bits. How should I wear it? Up? Down? There's a lot to consider.
Making your hair work for you can be tough, but it's not completely impossible if you've got the right tips and tricks up your sleeve. So I turned, almost immediately, to Instagram — the best place to find some inspo — and asked Schwarzkopf's Hair Educator Grant Withnell for some top tips.
Here's what I found.
1. Sleek Ponytail
Image Source: iStock / yuriyzhuravov
Sometimes our hair does what is wants some mornings, you know? But if you're going out and have the time, you can absolutely make it work. Here's Grant's advice on how to achieve this style:
Start with towel-dried hair. Apply styling mousse and blow-dry hair flat to the head.
Secure hair into a low ponytail at the nape of the neck, leaving a section loose.
Twist loose section around the hair band and secure with pins.
For extra gloss and shine to finish, use
Schwarzkopf Extra Care Rose Hip Oil Elixir to increase the shine on the top and sides (be sparing with this). Secure the style with a light spray of hairspray.
1 / 3
2. Braided Bun
Image Source: iStock / PeopleImages
This look shows that even hair styling beginners can make it work, with a loose braid on top and a whole lot of hair oil to make each section gleam.
1. Smooth some high quality hair oils on there, like the
Schwarzkopf Extra Care Grape Seed Oil Elixir, to tame your strands.
2. Braid the front in a side part and continue into a plait once you reach the back of your neck.
3. Gather the lower half of your hair and secure in sections with heavy duty pins.
4. Gently pull at the braid to loosen it up and make the braid less rigid.
5. Secure the style with hair spray.
My trick? Apply any oils with a spare toothbrush to brush through the frizz spots once your hair is up. Unusual? Yes. Effective? Absolutely.
2 / 3
3. Extra Volume
Image Source: iStock / CoffeeAndMilk
This look is all about volume and shine. A great hair style always start with a great haircare regime. To gain extra volume use Extra Care Push Up Volume hair care range.
1. Start with freshly washed towel dried hair and apply styling mousse for visibly fuller hair and added support.
2. Blow dry hair using a large round brush to create lift.
3. Apply volume powder directly onto the root area only. This will add extra volume to the hair
4. Apply Schwarzkopf Extra Care Grape Seed Oil Elixir to increase the shine and control fly-aways.
5. Curl the ends from your ears down using a large curling iron.
6. To finish apply hair spray.
3 / 3