A Hollywood smile is at the top of most people’s Wish Lists, but if you don’t have the cash to splash on professional whitening, there are a few things you can do to brighten your smile at home or work. Here are a couple of quick tips that we’ve picked up from the pros:
- Cut down on eating or drinking things that are dark in colour. Yes, we're talking tea, coffee and red wine.
- If you do insist on your skim cap every morning, have a glass of water or an apple afterwards to help remove any stains straight away.
- Lay off the soft drink. And if you can’t cut out the Solo for good, at least drink it through a straw. It’ll help reduce decolourisation and keep your lippy in place for longer. Win win!
Keep reading . . .
- Floss! It cleans out food that gets stuck in your teeth, stopping it from building up as bacteria and plaque. Think of it as a personalised mini dentist that you keep in your desk drawer. And bathroom cabinet.
- Brush your teeth at least twice a day. It sounds simple, but you’d be surprised how many people don’t do it.
- Take a toothbrush to work. It’ll get you in the practice of brushing your teeth after food.
- Make sure you take regular trips to the dentist to get your teeth cleaned professionally.
- Use an at-home whitening product such as Colgate’s new MaxWhite ONE. These don’t have to be exxy and they really do work.