Pimples just tend to appear at the most inopportune times, don't they? And no matter what you try to do, sometimes concealer doesn't do a good enough job alone to cover it up. It's time to kiss those days goodbye. With the right army of products, you can mask those pimples in seconds flat, and they'll stay concealed all day.
- Leave it be: It's been said before, but it's still true: do not pop or pick at your pimple. Not only does it spread bacteria, but it makes it practically impossible to cover.
- Go green: After washing your hands, apply a green-tinted concealer, like the one in the Bloom Cosmetics Secret Weapon Concealer Kit ($20), to neutralise the red of the blemish. Pat it on with a clean makeup sponge, but do not rub.
- Conceal: Generously layer your regular concealer on top of the green with a clean sponge or brush, blending away any harsh edges left behind by the green.
- Powder: Dip a small brush into your regular powder and gently pat it on and around the blemish to set the concealers. Use a light, tapping motion to get full coverage from the powder.
- Finishing touch: If you still feel like you need some coverage, add a second layer of your flesh-toned concealer, but avoid another powder layer to avoid looking cakey.