Beautifully defined lips are always fashionable, but right now graphic, retro lips are bigger than ever. Getting good definition can be a challenge though, so we called in an expert. Celebrity makeup artist Angela Levin, who's worked with stars like Jennifer Aniston, has been creating looks for Mad Men's Christina Hendricks (looking amazing here at NYFW). We do want to have lips just like Christina, so to find out what you can do to get lips that look good and last, here are some of Angela's tips:
- Don't match the liner: When you're trying to do a bright or red lipstick look, don't use a similarly coloured liner. Instead, Levin recommends lining your lips with a shade just slightly darker than your own lip colour.
- Stay sharp: Keep your lip liner sharp, and to get a harder, finer line, pop it in the fridge.
- Don't use linear motions: Use soft, circular motions when applying, dotting it on in small sections.
- Brush it on: Use a lip brush to smooth out your liner after you've applied. Tip: The more evenly lipstick is applied, the more evenly it will wear.
- Wipe the outer corners: By getting rid of a little colour on the edges, your lips will appear fuller and more rounded.