We're just 24 days away from Summer. And whilst that's good news for some, for others — namely those with frizz-prone hair — it can signal the start of an on-going battle with your strands. But it doesn't have to be that way — we've rounded up some easy and effective tips to ensure your hair looks its best all Summer!<p>
- Embrace your hair's natural texture. Pretty much every expert will tell you that Summer isn't the season to insist on poker straight stands at all time. Instead, if your hair has a natural kink or curl to it, just roll with it. <p>
- It might sound simple but . . . deep conditioner is really a great tool for preventing frizz. After shampooing, apply it to the mid-lengths to ends of your hair and leave on for a few minutes before rinsing.
- 'Tis the season of product. If you want to prevent frizz, styling product is a must. And not just hairspray — though you should always finish with a light mist or spritz some on a tissue and gently wipe it over the top of your hair to smooth flyaways — but an anti-humectant too. Aveda Brilliant Anti-Humectant Pomade ($44.95) is an absolute lifesaver, no matter how hot and humid it is. The rice bran oil helps to repel moisture while the pomade formula adds a polished finish. <p>
- Take a cold shower. It won't only cool you down but cold water helps to seal the hair's cuticle, helping to keep frizz at bay. <p>
- Don't blast your hair with the dryer. A) It's too hot and b) over-drying and blasting the heat actually contributes to the frizz. <p>
- Isn't is ionic? Ionic hairdryers and styling tools help to reduce the frizz so it might be worth investing in one. We like the BaByliss PRO Nano Titanium Ionic Dryer ($99.95)
Stockists: BaByliss PRO (1800 251 215)