What are IV beauty treatments?
Katherine Millar-Shannon: VitaLite is a combination treatment where you receive Intravenous Vitamins while having an Omnilux LED Light Therapy treatment. It is a great treatment that works to treat the skin both internally and externally and is great for achieving fast results. After the VitaLite treatment you will be hydrated, with optimum vitamin levels. The Omnilux works its magic on your skin by increasing circulation and collagen, giving you a glow from the inside out.
How do they work?
KMS: Intravenous (IV) vitamin drips deliver vitamins, minerals and amino acids directly to the body for maximum absorption. This allows the nutrients to flood your body and nourish itself at the cellular level. By using this method we can safely deliver larger doses that would not otherwise be tolerated orally. It also allows for maximum absorption as it bypasses the gut, meaning you receive the maximum benefits. IV vitamin drips can be used both proactively to maintain optimum wellness and also to treat acute and chronic conditions.
Why do they work?
KMS: As mentioned, it is the fact that maximum absorption of the vitamins can be achieved by the body. The importance with an IV vitamin drip is the dosage, they absolutely can be used to treat chronic conditions with frequent, high doses that are monitored by your practitioner – this is why you need to have someone who is properly qualified administering the treatment at all times. IV can be a great assistance to other medical treatments for people, helping to keep the balance that people may lack due to deficiencies.
What’s the difference to applying these ingredients topically?
KMS: The biggest difference between the IV and oral supplements or topical treatments is dosage. We are able to offer an extremely high dosage via IV and as it bypasses the digestive system, cells absorb up to 90 percent of the rich nutrients that are on offer, meaning results can be seen far more quickly.
Who can administer them?
KMS: In Australia we have very strict medical guidelines and the IV treatment falls under these, so only those who are properly qualified and trained in aseptic technique and protocols can administer them. Regular training is also required to ensure that all developments and advances in technology are covered off to ensure patient safety, so always do your research when looking at who is providing this type of treatment.
Are they safe for everyone?
KMS: These treatments can only ever be administered by a properly qualified professional. A full consultation must take place to ensure the treatment is appropriate as there is a need to check current pathology reports, allergies etc. As a safety measure, we do not offer this treatment to women who are pregnant or breastfeeding.
What types can you get?
KMS: We can customise our treatment to the individual needs, but we do have some 'stock standard' options available for people to pick from also. These can often be a good starting point in terms of what you want to achieve and then we can help determine if you need additional boosters or other inclusions.
- Energy — A boost of energy from extra B12, B5 and B6 to get you through the week. Feel better doing your day-to-day activities without that wired feeling from adrenal fatigue.
- Immunity — Armed with high doses of vitamin C and zinc this drip will have you feeling better in no time. It will shorten the duration of illness by attacking the problem not just the symptoms.
- Anti-Ageing — The ultimate combination of vitamin C and glutathione to plump and smooth your skin. Lightens and brightens and helps turn back time from the inside out!
- Classic Myers — The vitamin cocktail that started it all! Just the right mix of vitamins and minerals for overall wellness. Great for maintenance and keeps our bodies in balance.
- Personal Prescription — After a thorough consultation we will create a personalised drip based on your lifestyle and wellbeing concerns.