Experts Agree: These Are the 11 Best Hair Colors For Dark Skin Tones
Choosing the right hair color for Black and brown skin tones is almost as tricky as finding the perfect foundation shade. You’ll want to consider a few things: your skin’s undertones, the seasonal change, and lighting. These are all key factors in getting it just right. Much like with nailing foundation, the nuances of dark skin make hair color equally tricky to perfect. That’s why we asked hair-color experts to share exactly what are the hair-color shades that work best for brown skin.
Again, the search for finding your perfect hair color starts by looking at your skin’s undertones. Hairstylist Noel Reid-Killings tells POPSUGAR that as a general rule, ashy, cool-brown, chestnut, and chocolate tones work well on dark skin tones.
While you can still wear blond or even vibrant rainbow shades, dark colors are always a safe choice to make hair look thick and healthy. If you want to roll with a new color trend, shades like turquoise, emerald, and hunter green are on the rise and also happen to be winning options for dark complexions. Read on to see how some of our favorite celebrities with deep skin wear a spectrum colors and found their perfect hair-color shades for brown skin.
Read More POPSUGAR Beauty
- These Vitamin C Products Are the Secret to Glowy Skin
- What to Know Before Trying the Copper Hair Colour Trend
- These 13 Lipsticks Are the Perfect Dupe for Charlotte Tilbury’s Pillow Talk
- Slay Or Nay: The Viral Beauty Trends of 2023 (and Whether They’re Worth Trying
- 16 of the Best LED Masks in Australia and Exactly What Each Light Does for Your Skin