Get Lizzo’s Look: How to Recreate Her Glowy, Sunset-Toned Makeup
If you’re ever looking for makeup inspiration, a quick scroll through Lizzo’s Instagram feed should do the trick. The singer, rapper, songwriter, and flautist constantly plays around with her makeup looks and can pull off basically anything from rosy cheeks to bronzed colours and bright blue lids.
One makeup look we particularly love was created by makeup artist Alexx Mayo using Ciaté London’s new I Am Woman Eyeshadow Palette ($68) — a 24-pan eyeshadow palette that is inspired and named after 23 game-changing women. Some of the shade names include Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Maya Angelou, Marie Curie and Frida Kahlo. The 24th shade is called YOU — dedicated to celebrating everyday women.
As for the actual eyeshadows, these are creamy and pigment-rich, while the shades consist of blush, tan and glittery tones, making it a super versatile palette. Mayo stuck with the shimmery and red-toned eyeshadow shades to create Lizzo’s glowy, sunset-style look.
To create this look, Mayo used a plethora of Ciaté London products. If you’re keen to recreate this makeup for yourself (and twin with the wonder that is Lizzo), the instructions are as follows:
- Use the Extraordinary Foundation to create a flawless even base.
- Set with Everyday Vacay Coconut Setting Powder using a medium-sized powder brush and mist the Everyday Vacay Setting Spray to lock in the look for all-day wear.
- Sculpting and shaping the brows with the Microblade Brow marker creates hairlike strokes.
- Using the I Am Woman Palette, I started with the shade “Joan of Arc” to map out the crease and to also contour the bridge of the nose.
- I then used “Marie Curie” to add depth and definition into the crease and darkened the outer corner of the eyes with “Hattie McDaniel”.
- For the lid, I used the shade “Marsha P Johnson” to really make the eyes dazzle and shine.
- Lastly using the shade “Frida Kahlo”, apply to the brow bone for a lifted effect.
- Add two coats of Wonderwand Mascara for big lush lashes. I finished the look off by applying the Dewy Blush in the shade Papaya to add warmth to the skin and add that extra glow.