POPSUGAR Australia Gets Ready With… Miranda Kerr
At POPSUGAR Australia, we often have the chance to sit down with seriously impressive people — and when we do, we love to have a sticky beak into their morning routines. We want to know everything — from what they do the moment they wake up to where they find their daily motivation as well as their tried and tested tips for staying productive. So, skip the snooze button and get ready with us.
Someone we got to chat to recently? Miranda Kerr. Supermodel, mother of three, Dolly model comp-winner and founder of multi-billion dollar skincare brand KORA Organics and certified “busy lady”. Ahead of the launch of her new (amazing) Active Lightweight Algae Moisturizer, we spoke to Miranda about her favourite beauty products, the routines that keep her inspired and productive, and her top health and wellbeing hacks.
POPSUGAR Australia: You’ve just woken up, what’s the first thing you do?
Miranda Kerr: Every morning when I wake up, the first thing I do is kiss my husband. I’ll then do a quick meditation before the kids wake up and my day starts.
PS: What’s your go-to breakfast option?
MK: Lemon and water followed by 32 ounces of celery juice, which can take me a little while to finish! Once I get through it, I’ll have a heavy metal detox smoothie.
PS: What’s your morning get-ready routine if you’re having a casual day?
MK: I try to keep my morning routines consistent whether I’m having a casual day, or attending meetings and events. I feel better for wellness and mental health, it’s important to move your body every day. I love a mix of pilates and yoga. I’m also a fan of Megan Roup’s The Sculpt Society and the Tracy Anderson Method. For self-care, regular meditation helps to keep me calm and centred. I try to meditate for at least 20 minutes, twice a day — morning and night.
Once I’ve done a workout and before getting in the shower, I dry body brush all over. It’s so energising for the body and increases circulation and blood flow. I love it! In the shower, I use KORA Organics Milky Mushroom Gentle Cleansing Oil ($54), followed by the Turmeric Brightening & Exfoliating 2-in-1 Mask ($62) as a quick, energising scrub.
After my shower, I spritz my face with our Minty Mist ($54) and then apply Noni Bright Vitamin C Serum ($86) followed by our Active Algae Lightweight Moisturizer ($75) and our Berry Bright Eye Cream ($72).
Next, I pop on some Kosas, Kosasport LipFuel Hyaluronic Lip Balm in the shade “Pulse” ($27). For brows, I use Benefit, Gimme Brow ($45) and a little Charlotte Tilbury, Jewel Pot in the shade “Walk of No Shame” ($48) on my eyes. And then I’m out the door.
PS: If you have an event?
MK: If I have an event on, I will spend a little longer on my skin. I’ll use our Noni Radiant Eye Oil ($52) and Noni Glow Face Oil ($83) for a boost of nourishment that is great for all skin types, from sensitive to oily skin. Sometimes if I feel a bit puffy, I will give myself a gua sha facial massage with my Rose Quartz Heart Facial Sculptor ($76). It helps stimulate circulation, reduce puffiness and naturally lift and sculpt my face.
On a casual day I’ll usually pull my hair back into a bun, but if I’m attending an event I have been loving the Mermaid Hair Wand ($99) — it gives such a natural, wavy look.
PS: Where do you find your daily motivation?
MK: My husband and kids motivate me every day, in every way.
PS: Any tips for staying productive?
MK: I LOVE a list! All of my team will agree, I have a new list every day and I enjoy ticking things off, it makes me feel productive.
PS: What do you do to keep your energy up throughout the day?
MK: Treat your body well, everything I do is to keep my body in the best health it can be. We have a busy household and there isn’t a lot of downtime during the week. I try to eat healthy, organic food 80 per cent of the time and allow myself to indulge the other 20 per cent. I work out every day, meditate and listen to my body.
PS: What’s something you’re excited about right now?
MK: Right now, I am excited about our new product, the Active Algae Lightweight Moisturizer. It’s like a green juice superfood for your skin! I wanted to create a soothing lightweight moisturiser that provided long-lasting hydration while also feeding your skin with potent nutrients to help fight ageing.
It comes in a refillable jar and improves skin clarity and evens skin tone while providing long-lasting hydration without excess shine. It’s formulated with Green Algae, Green Tea, Alpine Rose and Swiss Glacier Water. It’s packed with bioactive lipids, essential fatty acids, antioxidants, vitamins and minerals that help hydrate, purify and soothe skin while also helping to minimise the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and pores. I’m obsessed!
Kora Organics, Active Algae Lightweight Moisturiser is available for preorder at Kora Organics.