The hardest part of my entire week was the diet part, hands down. Paltrow's 5-Day Detox involves cutting out the essentials in my primary food groups: gluten, dairy, corn, refined sugar, caffeine, alcohol, white rice, eggs. . . my head nearly exploded at the thought. Here's an example of one day's meal:
- First thing: Warm water with lemon
- Breakfast: Blueberry Coconut Chia Smoothie
- Lunch: Leftover Salmon Patties and Toum over arugula with lemon and olive oil
- Snack: Apple and almond butter
- Dinner: Beans and Greens Soup with Harissa and Saffron
Once I decided to do the Detox Lite (as I like to call it), which involves a slightly more lenient approach should a mozzarella stick or glass of wine present itself to me but generally sticks to the rules, I decided to shop for the ingredients — which is just as expensive as you imagined. When I was too rushed to make a breakfast smoothie (so, every day) I swapped it with the Goop Goopglow, which is a powder supplement that tastes like Gatorade and contains antioxidants meant to revive from the inside out. Seeing as how I only used it for a week, I didn't notice any changes in my skin. . . unless you count what comes from getting a few extra Zzz's in the morning.