POPSUGAR Australia is one of the biggest and most influential women's lifestyle publications in the country. By combining data, technology and storytelling, we deliver inspiring and informative multi-platform content across entertainment, fashion, beauty, wellness, parenting, sex and more. We help women everywhere to look good, feel good, do good – to live more fulfilling lives every day.
We are looking for a motivated and multi-talented writer/producer to grow our beauty and wellness verticals and social platforms, contributing to the overall growth and development of POPSUGAR Australia's audience. The ideal candidate will have 2+ years' experience in a similar role and comprehensive knowledge of beauty and wellness trends, and exceptionally strong visual sensibilities.
We're looking for an online obsessive with a can-do attitude, someone with a willingness to tackle any task thrown their way. If you are ready to take the next step in your online publishing career, thrive on a fast-paced environment and aren't happy unless you're doing five things at once, we want hear from you!
This is a permanent, full-time position located in Sydney. Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Content Idea and Execution
Localise stories from our partners
- Research and write multiple original, accurate and top performing beauty and wellness stories each day.
- Assist in writing stories for other verticals when needed.
- Superior knowledge of beauty and wellness related categories including skincare, haircare, trends, techniques, brand and product history, wellness, food, and fitness.
- Select and edit images to accompany stories keeping POPSUGAR's brand and creative values top of mind.
- Develop and nurture relationships with the beauty and wellness industry's leading experts and PRs, securing exclusive opportunities for POPSUGAR Australia.
- Create original and engaging social content across all relevant platforms.
- Represent POPSUGAR Australia at key media events.
- Establish and grow meaningful relationships with key influencers.
- Working with the commercial team when needed to conceive, execute, and build custom copy for campaigns.
Strategy and Reporting
Monitor and analyse engagement and traffic.
- Tracking and optimising the site's traffic and referrals.
- Help grow audience and engagement across all platforms.
- Help grow POPSUGAR Australia's social footprint.
- Pitch new growth strategies.
Skills – Required
2+ years of experience in journalism, with the bulk of experience in digital and beauty/wellness.
- Ability to pitch original and engaging story ideas.
- Strong grammar, research, and copy-editing skills.
- Ability to calmly write fast, accurate copy and meet rolling daily deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills – must be a team player with a resourceful, can-do attitude, who thrives in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment.
- Firsthand experience with daily publishing in a CMS.
- Strong knowledge of SEO and social media knowledge.
- Advanced knowledge of Photoshop.
- Strong relationships with beauty and wellness industry press teams and celebrity publicists.
- Familiarity with POPSUGAR Australia style, tone and voice.
Skills – Desired
Advanced knowledge of Photoshop.
- Video editing skills.
- Event management experience.
- Experience representing and presenting a title in a commercial setting.
To apply, email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com