The Spring Beauty Trends You’ll Be Seeing Everywhere This Season, According to Mecca
Brighter days are in our future, thanks to the advent of spring. After a heavy winter season (which saw many of Australia’s states and territories go in and out of lockdown at various points), it’s time to shake off the cold weather shackles and embrace the warm, sunny days that are on the way.
And, while we might not have much assurance as to when lockdown will end in various parts of Australia, we can use this time at home to master our spring beauty looks. The makeup trends associated with this time of year are undoubtedly the best. After months of dark reds, purples and blacks dominating the trends, we can now burst into the new season, ready to don bright, brilliant colours.
Thankfully, this spring season is no different, with MECCA recently releasing its makeup predictions for the next few months. According to MECCA, the trends are going to revolve around glowing and glossy skin as well as experimentation with colour. Keep reading to see the full trend breakdown.
Show It Off and Sheer It Out
“Make your skin your glowing glory and winter skin a thing of the past,” says MECCA. Up your radiance this spring with a number of glow-giving products and let your skin shine. Matte is out and dewy is in this season and MECCA has rounded up products that will help you achieve this.
- NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturiser ($64)
- Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturiser Oil-Free ($67)
- Hourglass Arch Brow Volumizing Fiber Gel ($40)
- ILIA Limitless Lash Mascara ($40)
- Ciate Dewy Skin Glass Glow Skin Tint ($45)
- GlamGlow GLOWSETTER Makeup Setting Spray ($46)
If you’re ever going to wear bright colours, now is the time to do it! “Bring joy and playful energy to everything you do with bold blocks of colour and a fresh face,” says MECCA. Go all in with coloured eyeliner, striking blush, brilliant lippies and vivid eyeshadow shades.
- Too Faced Killer Liner 36 Hour Waterproof Gel Eyeliner in Turquoise ($27)
- Shiseido Pop Powdergel Eye Shadow in Fuwa-Fuwa Peach ($37)
- ILIA Super Serum Skin Tint SPF40 ($68)
- Too Faced That’s My Jam- On-The-Fly Eye Shadow Palette ($38)
- Urban Decay All Nighter Long Lasting Makeup Setting Spray ($55)
Pops of Purple
“Channel the most superior of spring sunsets with a pop of purple and rust for the ultimate nighttime look this spring,” says MECCA. Purple and rust is an unexpected colour combination but we’re here for it! Layer the two colours onto your eyelids for a truly eye-catching look.