This Full-Moon-in-Libra Limpia Will Help You Restore Balance in Your Love Life
Are you feeling a little sluggish from the last weeks of winter? The full moon in Libra provides a beautiful reset button as we embrace spring. Sweep away the winter woes and seasonal depression, and allow the sun to shine brightly on your face as you recharge your soul.
Full moons are blessings to us living life on planet Earth. Their transmuting energy gives us permission to let go, freeing up space for pure magic to enter our lives. Full moons are a partner to our spiritual growth – a lunar friend that knows all about shedding old skin to make way for new, rich experiences. So lean into the glorious full moon each month to invite real, lasting change into your orbit.
The new moon in Aries had us putting a laser focus on ourselves and what we want to manifest in our lives. The Libra full moon follows to urge us to see the role we play in other people’s lives and how we show up for them, which reflects the self-love we possess. When we truly love ourselves, we can love others fully and in healthy ways.
So under the Libra full moon, ask yourself: what needs to be addressed for me to live a more balanced life for myself and others?
When Is the Full Moon in Libra?
The full moon in Libra peaks on April 6 at 12:34 a.m. ET. Look up at the night sky the evening before and after, and you’ll likely catch that beautiful, bright ball in the sky then, too.
What Does the 2023 Full Moon in Libra Mean?
Libra is symbolized by the scale because it focuses on the need for balance in our lives to gain a better perspective on things. This Libra full moon will oppose an Aries sun, which is focused on the self. These aspects may cause heightened emotions, especially when it comes to romantic relationships. You may have some epiphanies during this full moon, too. So be aware of spiritual downloads or messages from a higher power that may just point you in a different direction.
The face-off between self and others is a theme that’s illuminated at this time. Take some time to reflect on where you draw the line at compromise in relationships and your need for independence. Where is the healthy balance that allows you to be fully and authentically you and still give support and love to others who receive you as you are?
Personal needs must be met just as much as meeting the needs of a significant other. One can’t exist without the other if you truly desire a balanced, loving relationship. This is true for nonromantic relationships as well. Friendships, relationships with family, and even work relationships thrive when there is balance.
Libra is ruled by Venus, the planet of love, romance, money, beauty, and art, which also rules Taurus. But Venus shows up in Libra differently than in Taurus. In Libra, it’s all about reassurance and responsibility in relationships. It’s about seeking reconciliation rather than allowing problems to be planted deeply and grow to the detriment of everyone involved.
What Is the Spirit-Cleansing Prayer to Say For April’s Full Moon in Libra?
Great Spirit, guide me to understanding how to live a balanced life so I may continue in my own personal growth while opening my heart to love from another. Someone I can call an equal and a partner. Someone to love.
Which Tarot Card Goes Well With the Full Moon in Libra?
Justice: Libra desires fairness, truth, and balance, like the Justice card in the Tarot.
What Chakra Goes Well With the Full Moon in Libra?
Heart: Libras get at the heart of the matter and live for strong bonds and emotional healing.
Spiritual-Cleansing Limpia Recipe For the Full Moon in Libra
- Pink Himalayan salt
- Pink candle
- Sage and palo santo
- Florida water
- Pyrite, agate, and clear or rose quartz crystals
- Vanilla, basil, vetiver, and lavender essential oils
- Burdock, mullein, nettles, hibiscus, and goldenrod herbs
- Begin by carefully burning some sage followed by palo santo. With both, allow the smoke to waft around your space and image all negative and stagnant energy being cleansed fully.
- Set up a Libra-full-moon altar in your bathroom or in a space where you can journal, meditate, and/or reflect after your limpia. The altar can include a crystal of your choice, roses, and a pink candle.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil, and add handfuls of herbs. As you drop the herbs in the water, thank these earthly companions for their medicine. Allow the herbs to simmer for 10-15 minutes before removing them from the heat to cool.
- Strain the cooled herb water into a large bowl, and add a cup of pink Himalayan salt. Mix it together with your hands as you pray, sing, and give thanks.
- Next, add several drops of Florida water and the essential oils of your choice.
- Finally, add rose petals to your Libra-full-moon limpia.
- Take a quick shower to clean your body physically before gently pouring the limpia all over yourself. As the limpia flows down your body, imagine it cleansing what you no longer need and leaving behind a fresh, new you!