All eyes have been on two same-named stars this week: Kate Middleton and Kate Moss! Middleton has just landed in Canada for the start of her first official tour since marrying Prince William, while Moss is getting ready to walk down the aisle when she marries boyfriend Jamie Hince of The Kills this weekend. As we’ve been paying close attention to both Kate’s we realised that they actually have a lot in common! Don’t believe us? Check out 10 similarities between them!
1. Same name and initials: We know that Kate Middleton goes by Catherine ever since she became the Duchess of Cambridge, but she’ll always be Kate to us! Their respective surnames make it hard to differentiate between the two when we refer to them as ‘Kate M.’
2. They’re both style icons: Whatever these ladies touch turns to gold. If Kate Middleton is spotted wearing a dress or carrying a particular bag, it can sell out in less than a day. Kate Moss also remains a source of constant fashion inspiration for many women. Both Kate’s are also fans of high street fashion, as demonstrated by Middleton’s many purchases from Zara, Whistles and the like, and Moss’ collaboration with Topshop.
Keep reading for more similarities . . .
3. They’re both royalty: Kate Middleton married a prince. Kate Moss is fashion royalty!
4. They both got married this year: Roughly three billion people tuned in to watch Kate Middleton’s magical royal wedding to Prince William on April 29. Kate Moss is making things official with long-time boyfriend Jamie Hince in a three-day wedding extravaganza this weekend.
5. They both love Mario Testino: He may not have been Kate Middleton’s official wedding photographer but he captured her and then-fiancé William for her official engagement portraits, with a candid shot of the couple making the July cover of Vanity Fair. And he was a guest at the royal wedding. Kate Moss has asked Mario to photograph her nuptials, which will appear in the September issue of US Vogue. Mario has also snapped Moss many times throughout her modelling career.
6. Their hairdressers are both called James: James Pryce is the stylist responsible for creating Kate Middleton’s wedding hairstyle and he’s also accompanying her for the official tour through Canada and the US. Kate Moss’ hairdresser and long-time friend is James Brown.
7. They both love McQueen: It was subject to speculation for months leading up to the royal wedding, but when Kate Middleton finally walked down the aisle on April 29 it was revealed that her wedding dress was a Sarah Burton for Alexander McQueen creation. She has since stepped out in an Alexander McQueen military coat. Kate Moss counted the late Alexander as one of her closest friends and was devastated by the news of his death in February 2010. Alexander famously turned her into a hologram in one of his 2006 shows, and she frequently wears his designs.
8. They both celebrate their birthdays in January: Kate Middleton’s birthday is on January 9, 1982, while Kate Moss was born on January 16, 1974.
9. They both rarely give interviews: Kate Middleton has only given one proper interview since getting engaged to William in November last year, when they spoke to Tom Bradby of ITV News. Super-private Kate Moss is also known for being media-shy and has only given a handful of interviews — so little that it’s often surprising to hear what she sounds like!
10 Moss loves Middleton: In a recent interview with The Telegraph (yes, one of the rare ones) Kate Moss revealed that she watched the royal wedding, saying of Kate Middleton, “Oh I love her! She was so chic and seamless. And just beautiful, it was just as a royal wedding should be.”