Now that the Emmy nominations are officially in, I've spent the day mulling over the victories and disappointments. I'm dying to dish on the comedy categories (we'll get to the dramas later) because let's face it—they're the most fun. I was so happy to see my favourite newcomers Glee and Modern Family get so much love in their first seasons, but that's just the tip of the iceberg. Check out my thoughts below!
- Lea Michele, Jane Lynch and Matthew Morrison may have well been shoo-ins for nods, but I was super excited to see Chris Colfer's nomination for best supporting actor. Not only that, but Mike O'Malley's recognition as Kurt's dad also well-deserved. I just just Dianna Agron had been nominated, as well.
- The love for Modern Family was expected, but I didn't plan on seeing so much of it. Seriously, pretty much everyone but the kids scored a nomination—do you think Ed O'Neill feels a little left out?
- I'm annoyed that Courteney Cox was overlooked for Cougar Town. Did you know she's also the only Friend to never score a nod? I smell a conspiracy!
Lots more ups and downs when you keep reading. read more
- Is anyone else relieved that this is the last time Tony Shalhoub could possibly be nominated for Monk? Just saying.
- Confession time: I didn't think Neil Patrick Harris nor Jon Hamm gave life-changing performances on Glee and 30 Rock this year, but who cares? I love them both and the fact that they were both doubly nominated just puts a huge smile on my face.
- Betty White, you guys. The woman is unstoppable.
- Ugly Betty received zero nominations for its final season. It's sad that a show that was so beloved in its first season can be totally forgotten just four years later. (Take heed, Glee and Modern Family . . .)
- No love for Entourage? Dare I say it's about time?
- For the first time in five years Charlie Sheen was left out of the best comedy actor category, paving the way for Glee star Matthew Morrison to earn a nod instead. Hooray!
Now it's your turn—how do you feel about these categories? Sound off below!